Sunday, January 18, 2009

This is another quilt pieced by my sister. The large print is bright and looks like a flourishing flower garden! It is actually the 2nd of one, just like it! If I can find the pictures of the first one I will post them later........Again, she does great work!



I quilted a leaf pattern in the small floral blocks, a simple flower blossom in the large floral blocks and double outlined the colorful sashings.






In the setting triangles I had to split a block pattern in order to make it a triangle shape. I used a bright green thread in the black settings. I love how the color pops in the black! In the smaller border I free-handed the swirls. The outer border I put in a double line piano key border. I like the geometric look when there is a lot going on in the prints.



I am sew glad you stopped by..... hope you have enjoyed the view!

No comments: