Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas Quilt

This Christmas Quilt, by Primitive Gatherings..."Home for the Holidays" was pieced and appliqued by my friend, Shanna G. Isn't it great?
 The outer border has a quilted poinsettia pattern that wraps around the whole quilt! The thread color is a rich gold color that shows up well on the deep, red, reindeer fabric but doesn't overpower the border. Then I chose a holly and berry quilting for the tan border.
 THEN, a cute "jingle bell" quilting pattern for the red inner border fit just right!
 In the pieced block is a swirly holly pattern. I don't know if you can see it well enough but the piecing is scrappy using Christmas prints...The various tan background are tiny prints of stars, holly garland, reindeer, candy canes, poinsettias, and holly leaves. Sooo cute!
 The red and green are of the same fabric line and have the same "little" prints on them!
 The sock, angel, candy cane, donkey, baby Jesus, tree, etc. are all wool and appliqued on a striped background fabric.
 There is a little swirly pattern I put in the triangle corners of the applique blocks. It fit just perfect in there!
 The more I quilted on this quilt, the more I LOVED it! In fact, it was one of those quilts that I wished it were mine.....soooooo
 .....my friend, Rachael and I located the fabric kits for this quilt and we now have them! We'll be getting together and working on this quilt this coming year!
And I know exactly how I am going to quilt it!!!

No comments: