Thursday, April 16, 2009

Granddaughters Quilts


This is a close up of little Jordyn's quilt. The alternate squares are Minkee! (Very soft, velvety fabric) The pieced squares are scrappy greens, pinks and purples.

I free-handed the quilting. Hearts in the minkee and flower or leaves in the pieced squares. The border is also free-handed with hearts and loops.

Below is the back of a quilt made for a Granddaughter. Flowers and hearts were freehanded on this one.

Here is the front. Squares of yellow, pink and orange. Bright happy colors.



This closer view shows that I also used chenille squares. Chenille was very popular years ago used in bedspreads. It is a fun retro fabric to use now in making quilts, stuffed animals, soft toys, bedroom decor, etc.









This little Granddaughter is happy with her new quilt. This quilt is also is somewhat scrappy. I used bright pinks that some are a soft, plushy, minkee fabric and bright yellows with a white background and border where I could use a bright pink quilting thread to quilt hearts around the border!







And here is another sweet baby Granddaughter that just received her quilt! It is done in beautiful greens that also has the plushy minkee in it. This pattern is called "Yellow Brick Road" which is fun to use different coordinating fabrics. Grandpa and Grandma are enjoying this visit in Colorado with the Grandchildren.


This quilting on this one is echoed hearts. Fitting for a baby we love!




This next quilt was made for a niece's new baby girl. This is how I signed it on the back, in the hearts that I quilted onto the quilt. Their LAST name is Ball. Hence, "Ball Baby"!




This shows the back where you can see the quilting pattern better.




And the front shows the lime green and hot pinks used. I tend to enjoy putting together scrappy fabrics and using what I have....









1 comment:

Material Mary said...

Hello Holly. My Sister, Carolyn, gave me your blog address and so I came and checked it out. Quilting is lovely and so are your quilts and grand babies. Fun running into you at Bernina's. My blog is meatsmj.blogspot.com. Come on over and check it out.
Mary